How to get access?
The equipment and tools are available for anyone with a valid RedID number.
News & Events
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
build IT is all about promoting creativity. Just because we’re not currently open doesn’t mean that has to stop! Making your own stop motion video can be a fun way to spend your time. This video was made by student assistants Patrick Coh and Chris Potente working from home. Patrick created the animations and edited […]
blender 2.79 download here: https://www.blender.org/download/releases/2-79/
Join our Discord server by following this link: https://discord.gg/RrdxHSv. When you enter Discord, familiarize yourself with the server guidelines in the #rules channel and assign yourself a role by reacting to the welcome message in the #welcome channel. Then, hop on the #Game Nights voice channel with your fellow builders!
1 Part Flour 1 Part Water Bowl/container Newspaper/magazine paper strips Balloons Plastic Face Shield visor String Pen/marker Scissors Tape Mirrored Window Tint Spray Paint Hot Glue
Adobe InDesign (free to students: https://library.sdsu.edu/computers-technology/software/adobe-creative-cloud)
paper (colored construction paper was used in the video) scissors pencil/pen tape and/or glue
Download at https://processing.org/
Join us as a Master Builder
Stay on-campus and gain value internship experience with little time commitment
*Being a Master Builder is not required to use the makerspace. build IT is freely available to everyone with an SDSUid.
- have a love for technology
- like to make
- enjoy exploring new uses of materials & equipment
- excel at problem-solving, learning, and teamwork
- like to share and learn from others
In return for volunteering 3 hours per a week, Master Builders get:
- after-hours access to build IT and its resources
- A voice in the decision process for new resources added to the space
- Be the first to get their hands on the latest acquired resources
- Gain teaching experience from training others and participating in the build IT events
- Be part of a creative, digital fabrication-focused community
build IT is on the 2nd Floor of Love Library in LL-260.
San Diego State University Library
5500 Campanile Dr, San Diego, CA, 92182-8050
|Closed for Winter Break||December 19, 2022||January 17, 2023|
|Monday||10:00 am – 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am – 4:00 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am – 4:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am – 4:00 pm|