build IT @SDSU Library is a student-run makerspace designed to foster creativity and innovation.
By providing an infrastructure for the DIY learning of technology, build IT assists anyone at SDSU with their mission of bringing their ideas to life.
The build IT space provides a physical location where anyone can gather to explore, build, and learn through sharing resources and knowledge, working on projects, and networking.
With its central location in the SDSU Library, access is available to any student, staff, or faculty of SDSU regardless of their discipline or expertise.
Guided by their interests, anyone can start exploring the exciting world of emerging technologies.
The space provides hands-on access to technology such as...
- 3D Printers
- 3D Scanners
- CNC Carving Machine
- Consumable Supplies
- Electronic Cutting Machine
- Multitouch Drafting Table
- Programmable Electronics
- Sewing/Embroidery Machine
- Virtual Reality Headsets
- Wearable Electronics
By encouraging design thinking and providing the necessary tools, anyone is able to bring their ideas to life.
use the makerspace to
- Gain direct access to the space and its tools
- Develop key skills by learning what's needed to accomplish any task
- Join a community of like-minded individuals with similar interests
To become a builder, it is required that everyone attend an orientation
By fostering an open exchange of information, anyone can learn valuable skills as well as share their expertise.
build IT offers
- Hands-On Workshops
- Educational Events
- One-on-One Instruction
- Mentorships & Internships
volunteer in the makerspace to
- Prep for a career by gaining work experience
- Gain valuable skills such as collaboration, critical thinking, leadership, and more
- Have additional opportunities for working with the San Diego region community