Here are few guidelines to keep us all safe and happy!
- Students, Faculty, and Staff with an active SDSU ID are eligible to use the build IT makerspace
- Orientation is required to be in the room and use the equipment. Expectations are for 3D Print Request Pick-ups, Tours, and Specific Course Assignments.
- Everyone should check in at our Front Desk
- Training is required to operate:
- Brother Sewing/Embroidery Machine
- Inventables Carvey
- Monoprice Mini 3D printer
- Silhouette Cameo
- Soldering Iron
- A reservation is HIGHLY recommended to use the machines. Reservations ensure that the machine is available for you and that there are staff on hand to assist you.
- All tools are to be used in the makerspace and should not leave the room.
- While in the room, individuals should listen and follow the directions of the staff
- Machine kits are to be checked out and in from the front desk
- Build IT is not responsible for any harm or injury incurred as a result of usage of the equipment or for anything left in the room
- Project clean up begins 15 minutes prior to build IT’s closing time
Master Builders After Hours Policy
By using build IT after hours, I understand that it is my responsibility to:
- Greet any non-master builders and let them know when opening hours are
- Be present in the room at all times if you have any guests (non-master builders)
- Have the door propped while the room is occupied
- Leave the space as I found it:
- clean up messes
- restore default white filament in printers
- put equipment back
- Leave the lights on
- Lock all the computers
- Report broken items and if something runs out to Cathy or Jenny
- Make sure doors are locked when the room is empty and the key is returned to the Hub Desk