3D Print Requests
Our online 3D print request service is available for SDSU students, staff, and faculty. Please throughly read this page before submitting your request.
Files will be printed in the order in which they are received. Be aware that in high demand times, some items can take up to 2 weeks to print.
Please submit separate requests for each part of your project.
To ensure that the printer is available for everyone, there is a 3 hour print time limit per a week. We recommend that you open your .stl in Cura, a free printer software, to get an estimate for how much time your model will need to print.
3D Printing Policies
By submitting a 3D print request, you agree to the following policies:
The library's 3D printers may only be used for lawful purposes. No one is permitted to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or poses an immediate threat to the well-being of others.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the library environment.
- In violation of another's intellectual property rights. For example, you cannot reproduce material subject to copyright, patent, or trademark protection.
The library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
The library cannot guarantee model quality or stability, nor confidentiality of designs. Responsibility for removing rafts and supports is up to the user.
Items must be picked up by the individual who submitted them or their designee, using valid ID. Items not picked up within 30 days after being printed become the property of the SDSU Library.
Notice concerning copyright and other intellectual property restrictions:
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specific conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order/scanning services if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright or other intellectual property laws.
I acknowledge, represent, and warrant as follows:
- I have read, understand, and will comply with the notice posted above.
- I grant permission to San Diego State University and its agents to reproduce the photocopy or other reproduction and return them to me, and I have the legal right and authority to grant this permission.
- I will use the photocopy or other reproduction only for private study, scholarship, or research.
- I will not use them for any commercial purpose or allow any third party to do so.