- Mix equal parts of flour and water to make paper-mache paste.
- Blow up the balloon to desired size. It should be slightly larger than your head.
- Tear the paper into strips, dip into the paste, and put it on the balloon.
- Repeat until the balloon is covered with about 2 layers of paper.
- Let it dry for at least 4 hours.
In the meantime, make the visor.
- Measure ear-to-ear and eyes-to-nose for length and width of the plastic visor.
- Cut visor to the same measurements.
- Cut mirrored window tint to the same measurements.
- Spray visor with water. This will help the tint covering to stick to the plastic.
- Apply the covering to the visor.
Once the balloon is dry:
- Spray paint the helmet and let it dry.
- Pop the balloon and remove from the shell.
- Trim the opening to make sure your head will fit through.
- Draw a rectangular hole in the front of the helmet to fit the visor.
- Cut out the hole.
- Hot glue the visor over the hole.