Make a Paper Mache Pencil Holder!
Using just a can and some junk mail...
- junk mail (like grocery ads or newspaper)
- empty can
- colored paper to decorate
- Obtain an empty can, make sure it is clean and take the label off
- Rip junk mail into strips of paper approximately one inch wide by four inches long
- Mix flour and water together until you reach a gluey consistency (see video)
- Dunk the paper into the mixture, squeeze off any excess and start wrapping around the can
- Complete a few layers of this, and let dry
- Cut the colored paper into whatever shape you want to follow for your final design
- Using the same method, coat the paper with the “glue” and cover the can with the paper strips
- Let dry. Fill the can with writing utensils of your choice!