Photoshop Timeline Tool
Make animations and GIFs with Photoshop!
- Adobe Photoshop https://library.sdsu.edu/computers-technology/software/adobe-creative-cloud
- Each layer will be a frame of your animation. Utilize the opacity bar, guidelines and layer visibility to arrange your object in each layer.
- When you’re done making each layer of your animation, open up the Timeline tool by going to Windows-> Timeline. It should pop up on the bottom of your screen.
- Click on create Frame Animation.
- Select all of your layers.
- On the top right of your timeline window there is an icon with 3 bars. Click on it and the Make Frames from Layers
- Your layers should then be arranged in order. You can adjust the duration of the frame and press play to preview the animation.
- When finished, export as a GIF by going to File->Export->Save for Web. You can preview again before saving.