Avocado Cherry Tomato Salad
This recipe is a dupe from Lemonade, use the avocado skins and pits to make natural dyes!
Find the full recipe here:
- 4 firm-ripe California Hass avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup Lime Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lime Vinaigrette
- Juice of 2 to 3 limes, (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In a mixing bowl, combine the avocados, tomatoes and pine nuts.
- Make vinaigrette: In a blender, combine the lime juice, honey, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend on medium speed for a few seconds, and then reduce the speed to low. With the motor running, slowly add the oil until emulsified. Pour into a container or jar and mix in the cilantro. Keep any leftover vinaigrette covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Add vinaigrette to salad. Toss gently
- Season generously with salt and pepper. Serve chilled.