build IT Guest Book
Hundreds of people utilize build IT @SDSU Library. Next time you are in build IT, be sure to sign our guest book by taking a picture and submitting it at:http://builditguestbook.tumblr.com/submit
Spice up your morning with this cinnamon breakfast!
- Brioche Bread
- Crack two eggs into a bowl
- Add a spoonful of sugar
- Add some milk
- Mix the ingredients
- Add cinnamon and mix it again
- Dip both sides of your bread into the mix
- Place the bread onto a pan at low medium heat
- Flip after one to two minutes
- Plate the french toast after another one to two minutes
- Enjoy with syrup, cheese, or fruits!
Late Night Cookie Butter "Crepes"
- Cookie Butter/Nutella/other similar spread
- Chocolate Syrup
- Preheat a non-stick pan to low-medium heat.
- Place tortilla in pan until slightly golden on both sides.
- Add cookie butter (or Nutella or other similar spread).
- Fold tortilla in half and make sure to spread the filling evenly.
- Fold tortilla in half again and plate.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Microwave Baked Potato
Quick, easy and filling!
- Optional Toppings
- Thoroughly wash potato
- Dry the skin for crispy skin
- Pierce potato skin all over with fork to release steam
- Rub in oil, salt, pepper
- Microwave for 7 minutes or until you can easily pierce with a fork.
- Cut in half, season with more salt and pepper as necessary and add toppings! Enjoy!
Apple Cinnamon Dessert
like the warm, sweet insides of an apple pie, but without the pie part
- Optional: sugar, cinnamon sugar, whipped cream
- Cutting Board
- Microwaveable Bowl
- Fork or spoon
- Wash apple(s)
- Cut apple(s) into slices, cubes, chunks; dice it, chop it, julienne…
- however you like!
- Optional: peel the apple first
- Place the slices into the bowl, layer with cinnamon
- or sprinkle with some cinnamon sugar
- layer with your preferred combination of cinnamon and/or sugar
- Microwave bowl until apple pieces reach desired consistency
- softer, crunchier, or mushier, you choose!
- Mix together, make sure the cinnamon/sugar is well distributed
- Top with whipped cream (if you want) and enjoy!
Butter Basted Steak
The juiciest steak you will ever make!
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- Pour a dash of oil into your pan and heat it over medium to high heat
- Coat both sides of your room temp steak with garlic salt and black pepper
- Put your steak into the pan and cook on one side for two minutes
- Flip and cook the other side for another two minutes
- Flip again and add thyme on top
- Add the butter into the pan and baste your steak in it with a spoon for thirty seconds
- Flip your steak and baste the other side for thirty seconds
- Grab your steak, tilt the pan and cook a side in the butter for one minute
Upgrade any pizza with a little ranch. Try this crazy combination!
- Pizza (any work, even leftovers)
- Ranch Dressing (I personally prefer Hidden Valley. I just discovered they make Ranch-Dipped Pizza dip)
- Take your pizza (reheat it if you’re using leftovers)
- Pour out some ranch dressing (I prefer it on the side as a dip. But you can drizzle it on all over too)
- Dip the pizza in the ranch
Super easy snack or meal. Add meat and veggies to make it your own!
- 1/2 cup flour per serving
- 1 egg per serving
- about 1/2 cup water (add slowly to test consistency)
- (optional) scallions and chicken bouillon powder for taste
- Combine flour, egg, and some water. Stir until smooth.
- Add seasoning lightly, taste test first crepe and add more seasoning as needed.
- Batter should be thin and runs off spoon easily leaving a light coating behind. If too thick, the batter will not spread thinly across skillet.
- Heat skillet to medium high and add a thin coat of oil.
- Add batter a little bit at a time to coat the pan thinly.
- Cook until the pancake lifts when the pan is shaken or when the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip to the other side and cook until golden brown.
- Add another coat of oil as needed.
- Repeat steps 5-8 until all the batter is gone.
- Enjoy as is or add meat and veggies inside!
Tired of cup noodles? Try this version!
- Cup Noodles (spicy flavors go great with the eggs, corn and cheese)
- Canned Corn or cooked corn
- Shredded cheese of choice
- (optional) Green onions
- Follow cup noodle instructions to boil water and fill.
- Immediately add egg and stir to facilitate cooking.
- Close the lid and let cook to amount of time in cup noodle instructions
- 30 seconds before the end of that time, add corn and cheese.
- Close the lid to allow cheese to melt
- Add green onions and enjoy!
Pickles & Mustard
~ think hamburger, but without the main ingredients ~
salt + vinegar + salt
- Spicy Brown Mustard (was used in this video)
- choose your preferred mustard
- Dill pickles
- or not, if you have another type available
- doesn’t necessarily have to be slices
- Obtain a bottle or jar of mustard
- Find pickles
- Drizzle mustard onto pickles however you like
- Eat your flavor-packed creation!
Avocado Cherry Tomato Salad
This recipe is a dupe from Lemonade, use the avocado skins and pits to make natural dyes!
Find the full recipe here:
- 4 firm-ripe California Hass avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup Lime Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lime Vinaigrette
- Juice of 2 to 3 limes, (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In a mixing bowl, combine the avocados, tomatoes and pine nuts.
- Make vinaigrette: In a blender, combine the lime juice, honey, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend on medium speed for a few seconds, and then reduce the speed to low. With the motor running, slowly add the oil until emulsified. Pour into a container or jar and mix in the cilantro. Keep any leftover vinaigrette covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Add vinaigrette to salad. Toss gently
- Season generously with salt and pepper. Serve chilled.