build IT Guest Book
Hundreds of people utilize build IT @SDSU Library. Next time you are in build IT, be sure to sign our guest book by taking a picture and submitting it at:http://builditguestbook.tumblr.com/submit
A cheesy side dish that will make your mouth water!
- Drain the corn
- Put the corn into a cast iron on low heat
- Pat down the corn
- Add a dollop of mayo
- Stir the mayo and corn
- Add cheese on top
- Put the cast iron into the oven
- Broil for 3 minutes at 550
Green Eggs & Ham
National Read Across America Day (March 2nd)
- bowl with water
- green food coloring
- fork, knife, plate
- Mix a drop of food coloring in a small amount of water
- Add egg to bowl, mix thoroughly with food coloring
- Slice ham into squares, or whatever shape you like
- Add ham into pan
- Let ham heat up a bit, then pour in green egg mixture
- Scramble or cook egg your liking (maybe make an omelet ?)
- Season with salt and pepper, or another garnish if you’re fancy
- Eat and enjoy, think about Dr. Seuss I guess
- 1 tbsp butter
- minced garlic
- heavy cream
- red pepper flakes
- grated parmesan
- Pasta of your choice
- Boil pasta, strain and reserve some pasta water
- Heat pan over medium heat
- Add butter and spread over pan
- Add minced garlic and cook until soft
- Add heavy cream
- Add red pepper flakes, paprika oregano, rosemary, thyme, grated parmesan to taste. Mix until creamy
- Add pasta water
- When sauce begins to thicken, add cooked pasta. Stir until well coated
- Add more parmesan and parsley to taste.
Feed your sweet tooth
For 8 inch tin
- 4 + 2/3 cups Rice Krispies
- 4 tbsp Salted butter
- 10 oz Marshmallows
- Melt marshmallows and butter together in microwave for about 1 minute. Take out occasionally and stir to check if it’s melted to make sure you won’t over cook the marshmallows.
- Stir in rice krispies carefully
- Spread into 8 inch tin and chill for 30 minutes.
- Cut and serve!
A sweet & salty + cinnamon ! snack
- Sugar (optional) (If you already have cinnamon sugar, that works too)
- Make popcorn
- out of a bag, or from kernels
- As soon as it’s done popping, when it is still hot! Add cinnamon or cinnamon sugar
- if kernels are plain, spray with butter or oil first and then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar (helps coating)
- Thoroughly mix and season evenly, enjoy!
Thai Tea Pudding
Surprisingly easy, unsurprisingly delicious
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Thai Tea bag or 1 tbsp thai tea mix
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sugar to taste
- Simmer milk
- Remove from heat and steep tea leaves for 3 minutes
- Remove tea leaves and add in 1/2 cup condensed milk and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Taste now and add sugar if needed.
- Add cornstarch.
- Bring to low boil, stirring continuously.
- After it starts to solidify, keep stirring for 1 minute and 30 seconds, making sure it doesn’t stick and burn on the bottom.
- Pour into container and serve chilled.
A refreshing taste of summer
- Cube tomatoes
- Cover in sugar and mix
- Let sit for a few minutes to draw out water.
Yummy and easy breakfast!
- Greek Yogurt of your favorite flavor (mine is Honey Vanilla)
- Berries and Fruit
- Scoop yogurt into a bowl, whisk with spoon until smooth
- Add in berries
- Add granola
Chocolate Chip Mug Cake!
How to make a chocolate chip mug cake in ten minutes or less with less than ten ingredients!
- Canola Oil (or Melted Butter)
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chips
- Add 3 tablespoon’s of flour
- Add 3 tablespoon’s of sugar
- Add 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add 1/4 tablespoon of baking powder
- Mix dry ingredients to create an even consistency.
- Add 3 tablespoon’s of mill
- Add 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
- Add 1/8 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Keep Stirring!
- Add as many chocolate chips as you’d like!
- Microwave for 1 minute and 10 seconds.
- Let cool, and eat!
Cauliflower Is Delicious
You've seen boiled cauliflower, now add a little... SPICE
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit
- Chop cauliflower into small florets, roast for 20-30 minutes until charred.
- Flip halfway through for even cooking.
- For sauce, finely mince garlic and put in mixing bowl
- Add enough oil to coat garlic, then slowly add salt, red pepper flakes and lemon juice to taste.
- Toss the cauliflower in the sauce and add seasoning to taste.